Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Spicy Root Vegetable Soup with Jerusalem Artichoke Crisps

Today I decided to actually cook. I know I know how to and I know I'm pretty good at it too. I'm not good at following recipes, but I am good at making stuff up. This is the result of the trip to the supermarket.

Chopped onion, potatoes and celery goes into the pot with two tea spoons of red curry paste. Let it fry for a while and then add 5 dl water (and if you don't do metric, well just start). Add chopped carrot, yellow turnip (a.k.a swede, not to be confused with Swede, since this dish probably can't be served as vegetarian anymore then.) and Jerusalem artichoke. Let it boil until tender, then do a "Will it blend on it" (mix it that is). Then add some table spoon fit-able sized pieces of Jerusalem Artichoke and let it simmer until they are al dente. Decorate with fried Jerusalem Artichoke crisps, if not too paleontologically focused, some toast makes a good side dish.

2 comments:

Rosa said...

Vad fint det ser ut. Man blir jättesugen,kan jag komma direkt?

Kram/R

Sister Sweden said...

ÅH, jag är GRYMT imponerad. Ser skitläckert ut! Själv åt jag, Sofie och Johan av Jodingens hemmalagade köttfärssås med spaghetti.