Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Noisy Rodent in the Night

About an hour ago I woke up. Don't really know why I woke up in the middle of the night. I couldn't go back to sleep, so I went out of the bed room to see what the cats were up to. My first clue should have been the dislocated water bowl, but no - no bell rang. However, something else rang. And it seemed to come from the door that leads out of my flat. A very intensive, high frequent, high pitched sound. My first thought was that the fire alarm or door bell had gone insane, and had somekind of eletrical fit, but this was not the case. This was establised after closely listening to the bell with the its cover off; ear pressed to the mail slot, but it wasn't comming from the outside either.

By, now the cats were involved in the search for the unusual sound; climbing the chair I was standing on, streaching agains the door and finally for some reason, Mint drop put his paw down my black shoe. There it was a soaking wet cat toy. And now I want to give all cat owners out there a piece of free advicie, and at the same time direct a special thank to my mother who were nice enough to provide my felines with this amusment, DO NOT GIVE SOUND MAKING TOYS THAT CONTAIN BATTERIES TO CATS WHO LIKE TO SOAK THEIR PRAY IN WATER! Does short-cuirciting ring a bell? Well it didn't but it sure was filling my flat with this beeping sound.

Finally I managed to cut the stomach of the damn mouse open and removing its guts: giving them a chance to dry off.



Disembowled mouse

3 comments:

loneredwolf said...

Love it much... my kitties are not so lucky to have electric toys...


maybe your kitties are not the only ones with electric toys?

Rosa said...

I´m sorry Emma. Jag glömde säga att museländet hängde upp sig en dag här så jag fick slänga ut den i trädgården. Det hände när jag kastade den till Oban, då fick den helt och hållet fnatt. Men efter en stund så tystnade den. Undrar hur många i din trappuppgång som vaknat i natt?

Sister Sweden said...

"oj jag glömde säga att den hängde upp sig en gång..."

jeje - säger jag!