Sunday, February 24, 2008

Spring Without Winter

According to Swedish Meteorological and Hydrological Institute (SMHI) spring is here! The Meteorological definition of Spring requires it to be past the February 15 and the average temperature must have been above 0 C for at least 7 consecutive days. Fall turns into winter when we have had more than 7 consecutive days with average temperature below 0 C, but we have not had that this time. SMHI have added a new rule, that autumn cannot end later than Feb 14. On valentine's day, I and my fellow southerners had to accept that we will not have any official winter, this time around. It is smashing I tell you! I hate winter, cold and snow that melts and messes up your shoes. I'm all for the abolition of winter.

And it is spring in my kitchen too. Bought some lovely flowers today, and turned the floor heating up to 21.5 C... from that point of view it might even be summer. Just need to go and get me some herbs for the window, and its going to be so cozy in here.


1 comment:

Rosa said...

Håller helt med dig angående vintern, jag tar gärna en lång höst sedan en lång vår och en härlig sommar på det.