Thursday, July 31, 2008

All the way to Yokohama...

...du hörde hur han jama, och svansen var så rund som hela Öresund.

With only the vision of the map in my head, me and Chris set off to Tobe station, one stop after Yokohama stn. When we got off the train, we needed to consult Chris' map and realised that we need to walk in the opposite direction. And coffee was called for. A very local cafe and this was just the beginning of our visit in white-trash-japan.

Across from the store was Horiyoshi III's tattoo studio and museum. The man himself was not there, so I did not make an appointment, but I will try and call later. It would be super cool to get something done in Yokohama by him. Me and Chris visited the museum instead and oh my, lots of fun things to look at, but you had to climb over two well tattooed ladies to get into the museum, they were fixing up their nails. Very friendly though, and when we exit the museum/ill kept warehouse we got one merchandise lighter each. We may need to start smoking now....

That said, we headed towards the Yokohama landmark tower; highest observatory in Japan with a 360 degree view of Yokohama.
Chris-Cross is not making me jump, but is taking a photo of the tower prior to entering.


View from the observation floor 69.


Yet another never-ending city.


Fishy, fishy, fishy, pooooohhhhh.....


Today's winner in the Finding Nemo category. Clown fishes at the landmark tower.


And once again, I have found myself under the railroads, trying to capture some Japanese street art


The bluest wall in Yokohama.


First stencil I found in Japan.


Ramen museum, theme park cheeziness.






And guess what we did after that? ....


Shinkansen!!!!!!!!

It was my first time with Shinkansen, big day today. :) And please don't ask me about the layout of the photos, some are centred other are left aligned... it angers and confuses me...

3 comments:

Sister Sweden said...

shinkanseeeeeeen! jag är mycket avundsjuk!

Jonna said...

hej emma. har du hittat någon bra serietidningsaffär i dina hoods ännu?

Mz B said...

Sara när du kommer hit så lovar ja att vi åker shinkansen... det kostade bara 1250yen från yokohama .. så det e inte så dyrt. :)

Ska leta serietidningsaffärer... finns mycket serier i vanliga affärer...