Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Today's DIY Tip

In case, you just like me have some difficulties in tying an obi around your yukata by yourself, consider using one of your corsets instead. I think it looks pretty, and the pattern actually works with the yukata.

Today after work, me and my new friend and colleague Miho went yukata shopping for me. We found a very pretty one, with obi and geta, and also bought the whole shitagi set (lots or small ropes and things and a very thin white kimono that you should wear underneath). Also bough a fan and a little bag. Itoko-chan is looking for a suitable hanabi for us to visit, all dressed up, and I hope both her and Miho will be able to attend. And lots of other people too :).

I also got invited to try out Miho's ikebana class, which I'm really looking forward to. I have never tried it before, and I guess it will be a good experience. If all else fails then I will take photo's of the other students' arrangements instead :). But why not, it might be something I can enjoy, I like flowers, shapes, textures, balance, compositions and colours.

3 comments:

Daniel 小当 said...

Korsett och yukata blev ju en lyckad mix. :)

Peter said...

Snyggt! Fast det där med att vira snörena runt korsetten är jag lite allergisk mot, det är Fel(tm). =)

Linnet said...

Vilken fin!
En sån vill jag också ha. Jag ska shoppa när jag kommer!