Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Walnut Baby


So, along time ago, possibly 15 years ago or more, my dad had this friend. He had been to Ukraine an brought back walnuts. He gave us them to eat; I planted the ones I got. Fighting of ants, (i hate them stupid little idiots leave my babies pots alone! stop terrorising their root systems!) after all that, I convince my dad that 2 of the plants were strong enough and had good enough chance to stand the south Swedish winters, the melting, the freezing and the winds. And he let me, put them down into the soil, let them be a part of their garden... with the... okay, until you get a garden of your own.... (as of now, I'm still wondering if it is possible to export baby trees to other parts of Europe...possibly even further if needed.

Anyways, my baby have grown up! and despite of my worries about the need of cross pollination, my baby tree have produced another potential baby.

First, my plan was to eat this, possible with a high quality fig, and some dark dark chocolate, but now... all I want to do, is to see if this baby can grow up to become a tree of its own.

1 comment:

Oban said...

Klart att det kan. Det är ju så det andra träden blivit till. Där hade säkert varit frukter tidigare på dom om inte vi klippt till träden varje år.Vi såg ett träd med massor av frukter på iGreifswald/Wiek.