Sunday, October 31, 2010

Headed for the Western Light

I will not go into the whole annoyance with over booked flight, not possible to upgrade, not possible to get proper food, instead focusing on the fact that I made it out of Japan before the taifoo came. 

Normally, you head for the eastern light (breaking down the walls, we're strangers riding, to the land of the rising sun), but today we had a very norther route which made the day linger at the horizon until we came a across the Ural mountains. About the same time when I started questioning if I actually packed my Swedish phone or not; having 10% battery left on the flight-mode:ed Iphone, since playing Kanji Box most of the flight. No phone, no means of contacting Mr M that was supposed to come and pick me up. All good in the end, even if Docomo Experia probably had been searching for network during most of former Soviet ( I blame Totoro for switching it on), google chat saved me - Data roaming for the win! 


And when reaching the Turning Torso, the Swedish SIM card and phone were phone (underneath Totoro), and also Lingon Grova with cheese and tomato, and some bubbles that I bought at the air port because I was in a bad mood (would probably have bought them any way.... Champagne need no excuses)

No comments: