Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Ozzy at International Forum Tokyo

Concerts in Japan are a bit different from other places in the world. And now realised that I have lost the article I was asked to write for Kiss Army Sweden, back in 2004 or was it 2005. It pretty much sums it up. You have your dedicated seat, you are expected to stand by your seat and nowhere else. If the your ticket say the show will start at 19.30, the show will start at 19.30 (no annoying supporting acts). You have people coming directly from their work, all salary man -uped, you have kids, you have girls in flowery dresses. Today there were a group of Russians with very tasteful 神風 bandannas. And then there was me. First concert ever I gone to alone. I guess there is a first for everything, except things you never do. 




Yes and I did not bring a good camera, only the iPhone4 (which is a big improvement from previous iPhones, but still leaves quite a lot to wish for in the zooming area). But Ozzy was visible, doing his best to get the crowed as crazy as you can get, while nicely staying by your seat. Being at an Ozzy show, should be added as activity in Runkeeper, you have to jump upside down, touch the ground (classical Ozzy frog jump), wave your arms from one side to the other, jump again, clap your hands, shout, all orchestrated by your own aerobic instructor Mr Osbourne. 

Googled for the set list, but no one have updated it yet. So let me give you some highlights, Bark at the Moon, Let me hear you shout, I don't know, Fairies wear Boots, Suicide Solution, Road to Nowhere, Shot in the Dark, Rat Salad,  Mr Crowley, Iron Man, Killer of Giants, I Don't want to change the world, Crazy Train, Mama I'm coming home, Paranoid and finally No more Tears... actually.. I think that was all, and possibly in that order too :) 



It is never good to have a seemingly death sound technician. And for future reference to all bands, if you feel you need a break, do like Deep Purple did at the same Arena a year ago, have official intermission. Supporting acts might only be topped by drum soles and noisy guitar solos, on my not like so much scale. Fun side not though, is that both the drummer and the guitarist actually are younger than I am :)... I miss Zakk Wylde though would have been awesome. 



All things comes to an end, at least those things you try once, Yurakucho to the left, Tokyo Station to the right. Less people than during rush hour on my way over there. 

1 comment:

Sara Bonde said...

Salaly man på ozzy? =)