Friday, December 24, 2010

Polish People

After an hour's delay in Frankfurt am Crappy-airport-layout, I finally landed on a snowy runway in Brussels. The baggage claim area was a mess, due to several delayed flights, and even more annoying passengers. I was lucky, my bag was one of the first on the belt.

Taxi line was long, and the previous night's lack of sleep combined with  18 hours of travel started to take its toll on me. The man behind me kept walking in to my camera and computer bag. Tired, cold and hungry  Emma does not handle being bumped into very well. Luckily, a Korean man tried to cut line at that time, which was kind of entertaining.

Got in a Taxi. The Greek driver, called Anthony sang West Side Story while complaining about others driving too slow. Almost most 10 cm snow and lots of people out in the streets, driving slow could actually be a valid choice. Some people were even outside in the middle of the street, jumping around, reluctant to move. Anthony had to slow down. I asked:

- Why are they behaving like that?

He replied;

- Ehh, you know, Polish people!

No comments: