Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Grilled, Dried and Most Likely Flattened by a Road Roller

Stood in line, wanted some popcorn. Boy in front of me wanted grilled, dried and flattened squid.. 3 of them.  I was standing next to the pet food shelf and that this item was not part of that particular assortment. Been here for 4 years and counting and still I'm sometimes surprised by what is considered food here.

Squid is not all bad, tender with the right spices it can be a treat. I'm basically already damaged as you can see. Squid in kimchi a la konbin presentation looks just nasty, though. Selected as "most likely to make me do a disgusted face" yesterday while browsing the shelves to keep me entertained while friend visit the little boys' room, generously provided by the local Sunkus store.

No comments: