Sunday, May 29, 2011

Culture Training - Keith Jarreth

This rainy weekend was rounded off with a visit at the Orchid Hall at Bunkamura just down the street from my place. I basically know nothing about jazz music and even less about Keith Jarrett, but got invited and thought - why not? A grand piano and Keith on the stage, nothing more, and that is really all that is needed. I'm sure I would have enjoyed the concert even more had I not been the musical illiterate that I am, but that's my own fault. 


Before going I was slightly curious how dressed up people would be, and what is the proper jazz out-fit. I decided to go safe and wore my pin-striped black suit and a black top, and a pair of not so high heels. The heels were mostly selected since it is raining and my everyday shoes are leaking like a sieve. Turns out that people had not dressed up that much, and black were not the predominant colour in the room. But my suit was just right.

No comments: