Monday, July 16, 2012

Kamakura Trip

海の日 and we are off from work, to celebrate the day of the sea. Kamakura has sea,  so we decided to go  there. On the way to the train, we had to cross Shibuya crossing; if you are going to to do something, like buying a flashy car, I'm not sure if this is good or bad, but there is something appealing with people who go all in...


From golden cars, to golden gates... or a pink lotus flower in front of a golden gate in Kita-Kamakura. 


Dragon screen door at the shrine. 


Oh, no! The rock is coming down. Good thing the Hjorts were strong enough to hold it up. 


I know that one is supposed to kill ones darlings and just pick the best, but I was not in the mood for duck hunting so you will get the 3 best photos. She was really calm and relaxed and I'm sure I could have cought her if I wanted (but did not want to make a scene inside the temple area...). 




Then we went down to the beach... windy... sandblasting, I'm sure it has some este value, but it was quite unpleasant, so we did not stay very long. As general information it could be worth mentioning, there were quite a lot of semi-dressed, semi-sober, more or less cute Japanese girls hanging about on the beach... 


1 comment:

Mathew Idikula said...

Nice shots Emma!