Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Breakfast in the park


A man with a naked woman tattooed on his chest tries to convince me that one of the ducklings is an albino. I explained that there are different breeds of birds, some that are white and albinos tend to have red eyes due to lack of pigmentation. This particular duck did not fit this criteria, therefore an albino it was not. The man was not convinced, seemingly still wanting to claim this scientific sensation as his. Maybe he was already planning to write an article for European Journal of Urban Birds, and would hear nothing of my critic. I considered my two natural options; 1) announcing that I since early childhood been a member of the Swedish Poultry Association and ought to be regarded as an expert on the matter, 2) Showing of my own tattoo that is far cooler than his lame one. I went for the a somewhat unexpected third alternative, said that I had go back to the bench and protect my scone from the potentially avian bird flu contaminated feathered bipeds that by now were lurking disturbingly close to my breakfast.

No comments: