Thursday, August 28, 2008

Dinner with my Department

Today was dinner with APV employees, all 8 of us. We are mostly subcontractors and they were not invited today.

If edamame is beers bestfriend, soramame could be come my new friend. Tastes a bit like almond dipped in very sweet chocolate.

Umibudo - Sea grapes. First time for me but it makes a fun sound when you eat it, so I will try again. I was taught that they grow down at Okinawa.

My manager Toshi is making his serious face. And he also tried to get me to like tomato alcohol. It was clear and transparent, but it smell like a tomato plant and tasted like I imagine a tomato plant taste and well... was not so strong, but sent shivers down your spine and not in a good way. But I guess, if you want to have a quirky speciality, becoming a tomato based alcohol connoisseur, could definitely be an option for you.

Had a very good time, nice to try some new dishes that I would never think of to try on my own.

No comments: