Thursday, June 10, 2010

People's Republic of China #2

The hotel lobby would not have been to Tatiana's liking...


They had ran out of single rooms, so I got a twin room. Felt almost as big as my Tokyo flat...

Are you having a party? No, I was having lunch with 2 of the 3 coolest ladies at Beijing office. Ailing and Fiona... not sure what Xiu did during this lunch... Woked spinach, Tofu, shrimps, pineapple rice and fried oysters... As long as you stay away from meat and whole fishes, you are pretty okay in China. This was sooo tasty.

Classical Swedish Chinese restaurant dish; fried bananas with ice-cream, sprinkles and sparklers.... This is as close as I got this time. Lotus root, filled with sweet rice and.. yes you can see them... sprinkles... very classy.

And then, Fredrik and Martin that made the evenings full of fun conversations and lots of cheap beer. At this semi-Irish pub, I got mistaken for being Irish by a Yorkshire man. Next evening a semi-sober man started speaking Dutch to me, since he thought he noticed a Dutch accent when I spoke.... I think I really need to get an accent coach, because this is getting plain silly.


No comments: